That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.... what has risen may sink, and what has sunk may rise.
Eldritch Seas is a campaign with (surprise, surprise) a nautical theme. The party will be free to roam a living world filled with forbidding shores, lost island temples, hidden treasures and lost paradises. The Cast of Characters will range from pirates (crazed and otherwise), simple fishermen, cursed couriers and snobbish nobles.
The Groundwork: Characters may choose almost any race and class available in official material or the Unearthed Arcana - if they can make a good story-sense for it. Evil alignments / races are prohibited.
- Special note: Players gain Tool Proficiency in Vehicles (water). If taking a Background or feat granting this proficiency, add a +2 to your proficiency total.
- Note 2: The following special rules will be in effect: The Sanity stat; if you crit 3x in one attack - it is an auto kill, unless a legendary creature; Disfigurement is possible.
- Standard point buy for creation.
- The Location: This is set in Faerun in the Moonshae Isles, Nelanther Isles and the Trackless Sea. You start your journeys in the Port City Llewellyn.
- Starting level: Is Level 1.
- Starting setting: You all were aboard the ship Black Gold until she sank off the coast a week prior, attacked and scuttled by the Dread Pirate Gnash. Regardless of your backgrounds, you've grown a taste for the vast seas and adventures to be had there. Your small group of survivors has heard of a new Captain (Elsing) overseeing a well wrought ship (The Chivalry) that is taking on ten crew members. Hoping for a space aboard- you hasten to the call.
Player expectations: We gather together to play D&D to have fun.
- Players gather to join forces and work as a team.
- Purposely and constantly going against the team will get a player banned.
- "Roleplaying" a character That's intentionally a negative impact on the game is not an excuse.