Avonia is an ancient land, and much of its history has been lost to time. A timeline of major recollected events follows:
The Primordial Age
- Nothing is currently known of this time.
The First Age, The Age of the Dragon. An age of desolation, dragons, and order.
- The First Age was a long period of emptiness and calm in the earliest ages of Avonia. During this time, only Arch Dragons existed on the barren planet called Gaea.
The Second Age, The Age of the Element. An age of powerful magic, terrible storms, and chaos.
- The Arrival of the Elements: wherein the Elemental Lords first arrived on Gaea, reshaped the land forever, and placed new life upon it.
- The Ascension of the Emerald Empire: wherein the magically resistant and long-lived elves ascended to civilization first among the new life planted upon Gaea. They used this collective power to subjugate much of the other races on Avonia, especially humans.
- The War of the Sovereign: wherein a war was fought between the Emerald Empire (also known as the Tyrn'elthed), and their rebel slaves, the Free People's of the Dune. After a long campaign, the Free People's were able to overthrow their elven masters.
- The Creation of the Staff of Law: wherein a group of adventurers crafted a powerful staff to banish the Elemental Lords.
The Third Age, The Age of the Paragon. An age of exploration, humanity, and turmoil.
- The Banishment of the Elements: wherein the Elemental Lords were banished from Gaea by a group of stoic adventurers.
- The Eruption in the Emerald Wilds: wherein a large formation of quartz crystal was infused with enough chaos energy that it erupted and laid waste to the surrounding lands.
- The Battle of Andwynne: wherein creatures of elemental chaos invaded Fortress Andwynne.
- The Cleansing of the Stone of Second Sight: wherein a group of heroes cleansed the divination stone of corrupting chaotic energies.